Sunday, November 11, 2012

Is God asking you to be great or to be faithful?


Today, I attended Bishop T.D Jakes' church for the first time. While in the service at the Potters House in Dallas Texas, I marveled at the excellence of the place. While in the wonder of everything about the ministryGod interrupted my line of thoughts: "I did not ask you to build something big". And He paused. Then, I asked Him: so, what did you asked me to do Lord? He said: "...be faithful!"  Then, it suddenly dawned on me that if I can be faithful and remain faithful to Him, the "bigness" I was worried about will take care of itself. Is this not true of some of us? We want to do greater works for God. We want to achieve great feats. We want to do exploits for the glory of God's kingdom. But is God asking you to grow big and grow great; as much as He is asking you to become faithful and remain faithful onto Him? Faithful is He who has called you, who will also do it (1 Thessalonians 5:24). The reality is: Just as mine; our hearts can deceive us. The devil can deceive us. But God will never leave us forsaken. God will always deliver us from deception!

Being challenged at the Potters House, I was already motivated before the sermon time came! I was thrilled and filled with great inspiration for the journey ahead of me. Its been worth it, coming out here. This was a goal I had set since last year. And I was unable to come last year. But I made it today. Glory to God! As I stood in Potters House, I kept thinking to myself: Imagine the power of one...the power of just one committed man! How could one man do so much for God? One great leader made a huge difference. At this point, I already felt like moving to live in Dallas Texas just because of this one ministry. I tell you: your church can determine how your destiny unfold! And I mean that...I have seen where membership of a church can make or mar your life!

The whole experience at the Potters House reminds me of the story of King Solomon and Queen Sheba. How the Queen of the South traveled long distance to spy on King Solomon. 
"Now when the queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon, she came to Jerusalem to test him with hard questions, having a very great retinue and camels bearing spices and very much gold and precious stones. And when she came to Solomon, she told him all that was on her mind. And Solomon answered all her questions. There was nothing hidden from Solomon that he could not explain to her.  And when the queen of Sheba had seen the wisdom of Solomon, the house that he had built,  the food of his table, the seating of his officials, and the attendance of his servants, and their clothing, his cupbearers, and their clothing, and his burnt offerings that he offered at the house of the Lord, there was no more breath in her. And she said to the king, “The report was true that I heard in my own land of your words and of your wisdom, but I did not believe the reports until I came and my own eyes had seen it. And behold, half the greatness of your wisdom was not told me; you surpass the report that I heard. Happy are your wives! Happy are these your servants, who continually stand before you and hear your wisdom! Blessed be the Lord your God, who has delighted in you and set you on his throne as king for the Lord your God! (2 Chronicles 9:1-8).


Just imagine if one place on this planet earth can be beautiful and excellent; what will heaven look like? 

No comments: