Sunday, October 10, 2010

Protocols of Palace. (Book excerpt).

In certain kingdoms in times of old, the protocols of palace were protocols of order and reverence. To be precise; it meant immobility of mortals. So powerful was the royal lineage that when you see the Prince or the Princess, (not to mention the king himself ) you were expected to stand still in awe. The mentality was that you are seeing the ultimate ruler himself. Thus you are faced with both "beheaded-ness" and beauty of promotion at the same time. Due to the power of presence they carry, each time you are in the presence of these royalties, the expected norm is caution!
Everything you have lived for, up to that moment was stake on this very hour. The unexpected could happen. The king`s mood determine what could happen to you. His heart decides your fate. That is why a ceratin writer said in Proverbs 21:1 that: The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases.
Nothing is permanent in the presence of the king. The royal garb may fly over you in admiration and consequent reward. The king may become happier today than aforetime. At some point he may choose to be alone. He may never want to see any guest. He may not come to the corridor today like he has always done. Unpredictability was the norm. However, if the king appear and i happened to be present; I must pause whatever I'm doing  and take a bow in honor of him. 
I will inhale his fresh breath, his fragrance and beauty. As i stooped there inhaling, i am also exhaling. I am stooping in fear and terror. I am thinking of my misery yet forcing a smile in servant-hood. For who are you not to smile at the king. You cannot be sad in his presence. 
Before the king assumes his throne, there must be dances and songs of praises. Who is it that wants to sadden our king with his or her misery? The ruler must inhale praise. There must be happiness in the air always. Be it feigned or real. Your soul must bless the king such that fragrant flattery must spice his belly. 
Pause and ponder; and try to imagine that for a second. Do you realize that although the earthly kings are so powerful; they are so unpredictable, irrational, selfless, and sometimes wicked. But there's still one King who is the king of kings over them all. His name is the God of Heaven and earth. He is the God of wonders beyond the galaxies. He sits in heaven as the most ultimate!
This divine King whose presence calm all fears. Who presence radiates everlasting joy. Whose praise brings you wealth. Imagine how I don't have to force a smile in his presence. I do not need a fake mood. He knows all things and he understands how i am feeling. He does accepts me just the way I am. He is the Potentate ruler who outweighs, outshines all other power and authority. His wisdom transcends the whole universe. His depth cannot be fathomed and his folly is yet to be known. 
I think if I can just get there into his presence?I will be made whole. If i can just run into His presence, I will be holding on to royalties that can spare me in days of trouble for He is the mighty warrior. I am the son of the Almighty. And like a prince he sees me.

No comments: